Monday, May 06, 2013

Week in Review: 416

"However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
~ Winston Churchill



~ Nick D. Kim (strange-matter.net) permission obtained.


By The Numbers:

Weight Loss/Gain = -2.3 lbs.
Body Fat % Loss/Gain = -.5%
Lean Body Mass Loss/Gain = -0.4 lbs


Overall Review:

What can I say besides I seem to be on a roll.  The last couple of days during my weigh-in my BF% climbed by 1.5%  for some unknown reason. Overall for the week I still achieved a BF loss of .5%, but my lean body mass took a hit of almost a 1/2 pound.  If my BF% continues to trend high high my LBM could take a more significant hit this week.  I'm not overly worried, but it's definitely something I'm keeping an eye on.

As for my guidelines, things were pretty much the same as the week before, with an extra red (and a few yellows) due to cheat meals.  We ended up eating out 3 times this week, but I doubled my exercise on two of the cheat meal days to try and compensate for the transgression.  Theoretically the bump in my BF% could be due to this, but the meals in question weren't incredibly bad for me (okay... higher in salt/fat, but not fast food), and I made up for it with extra exercise.  I don't know... definitely something to keep in mind.

Another week down, another successful week to go.  Have a great week everyone.


Goals and Guidelines:

As stated from the get go my overall goal is "To achieve mental & physical wellness by leading a consistent & healthy lifestyle". To be able to accomplish this goal I will have to focus on three key area's of my life:

1. Nutrition - 1st component of physical wellness
2. Fitness - 2nd component of physical wellness
3. Mental Health - the path to mental wellness

:Met/exceeded guideline
:Met or Almost meet guideline every day
:Failed to meet guideline

Here's how I did this week:

Nutrition Guidelines:

1. To log my meals and snacks daily. (Using BodyMedia "Activity Manager")
2. To drink +8, 8 oz glasses of water each day.
3. To eat 5-6 times daily.
4. To eat slowly, chew more and enjoy my food.
5. To consume 5-10 servings of fruit and vegetable each day.
6. To reduce sugar intake as a whole, with focus on reducing/eliminating refined sugars.
7. To reduce sodium intake to below 2300 mg/day.
8. To reduce/eliminate Saturated Fat and Trans Fats.
9. To reduce/eliminate MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrogenated & Fractionated Oils,  Artificial  Flavours and Colouring, as well as any ingredients that sound like they belong in a chemistry lab.
10. To prepare and eat more meals @ home, while reducing dining out.
11. To eliminate visits to Fast Food Restaurants when dining out. (Banned List)
12. To find healthier alternatives to food I already consume.


Fitness Guidelines:

1. To upload my BodyMedia collected data daily.
2. To burn +2950 calories each day.
3. To burn +750 more calories than I consume.
4. To get +60 mins exercise each day (50 mins moderate & 10 mins Vigorous).
5. To walk +8000 Steps each day.
6. To purposely park father away from my destination.
7. To allocate 1 day a week to rest.


Mental Health Guidelines:

1. To get between 7-8 hrs sleep daily.
2. To allocate +15 mins daily to reading.
3. To listen to music often.
4. To research and start practicing meditation/relaxation techniques.
5. To take 2-3 mins every hour or so to take few deep breaths/stretch.
6. To organize and complete a weekly To-Do list.
7. To maintain my blog and relationships online.
8. To keep contact with my friends and family.
9. To have 1 cheat meal and desert each week.
10. To leave work @ work.

Labels:

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home